The course will primarily introduce 4 areas:
- Assisting football activity sessions
- Introduction to refereeing
- Helping with a team
- Different Football Events
In addition to these areas, Respect, promoting the game and developing the game will be embedded during the guided learning hours.
Who should apply?
This qualification is aimed at young people aged at least 12 who are looking for an introduction to leadership skills that may be used within the game and beyond.
What will I learn?
The course will cover:
- How to get involved in football
- Getting involved and helping those involved to ‘get better’
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Organising games
- Introduction to the basics of ‘FUNdamentals’
- Preparing to referee
- Whistle techniques and and introduction to ‘Ball In, Ball Out’
- Safety of the players and re-starts to the game
- Preparing for the game
- Warm-up prior to the game
- Organising and managing player’s expectations
- An introduction to three different formats of competition
- Using these in a practical setting
How long will it take?
The course will last 6 hours and then there is a requirement for 4 hours of additional voluntary work.
How much does it cost?
£40 including VAT.
Registering on a course
Please click here to view forthcoming dates and venues and to book online, or download the application form attached below to apply for a place.
If the course is full please contact Kate Dixon on 01603 704050 or email Kate.Dixon@NorfolkFA.com to be placed on the waiting list.