It offers candidates a combination of practical experience and classroom based theory to develop an understanding of the planning, conducting and evaluation of ethical football coaching sessions.
Who should apply?
Anyone over 16 years of age who has regular practical experience of participating in football and has observed qualified and experienced coaches working with adults and children. Please be aware there is a demanding practical involvement to the course. Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (this however will not prevent successful completion of the award).
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- Understand the ethical coaching process
- Plan, conduct and evaluate football coaching sessions
- Coach basic skills and techniques of football
- Promote and establish positive relationships at all levels
- Ensure the health and safety of players and others
- Develop greater responsibility for your own learning and development
- Understand the principles of attack and defence, through the use of practices and small sided games (6v6)
How long will it take?
The course starts with 6 days initial training. You are then required to complete 16 hours of practical coaching, which will be recorded in a log book, before attending 2 further training continuation days. Following these candidates will take part in a final assessment weekend, which takes place approximately 3-4 months after their initial training.
- 48 hours of initial training
- 16 hours training continuation
- 16 hours assessment weekend
You are required to have attended The FA Safeguarding Children in Football workshop and The FA Emergency Aid workshop (or equivalent / recognised First Aid Certificate) prior to completing the assessment. Furthermore, you will need to complete the online Laws of the Game workshop.
How much does it cost?
£320 including VAT. £20 cash back if all training continuation and assessment days are attended and completed pack is handed in on the due date. Bursaries of £30 may be available to Charter Standard Clubs, payable on completion of the course.
To claim your bursary please request and return an application form to County Headquarters.
Registering on a course
Please click here to view forthcoming dates and venues and to book online, or download the application form attached below to apply for a place.
If the course is full please contact Kate Dixon on 01603 704050 or email Kate.Dixon@NorfolkFA.com to be placed on the waiting list.