A brief history of the Stuart Dracup Cup...
What is the Stuart Dracup Cup?
The Stuart Dracup Cup was first competed for in the 2014-15 season following the sad passing of Stuart Dracup who devoted many years to youth football. The competition, which was formerly known as the Norfolk Minor Cup, is steeped in history and was first competed for in the 1927-28 season when Norwich ILP defeated Rudham 5-0.
At this time the Cup was actually run as an Under 18’s competition with matches taking place on a Saturday.
Who has won the Stuart Dracup Cup?
Since reforming to it's current format of Under 14 teams competing on a Sunday in 1986-87, teams such as Caister North End, Old Catton Junior, Sprowston Lads, Lakeford Rangers and Taverham to name a few.
More recently, here are some results from other Stuart Dracup Cup Finals:
- 2017-18: Costessey Sports 2-3 Dereham Town
- 2016-17: St Andrews 1-0 Attleborough Town
- 2015-16: Sprowston 5-0 Lakeford Rangers Juniors
- 2014-15: Reffley Youth 2-0 Firside Athletic
- 2013-14: Dereham Town Youth 2-0 Sprowston