About Norfolk County FA

    •  
Norfolk County Football Association was founded in 1881 and has been administering football in the County, at both grass roots and professional level, for over 120 years.

For most of this time the work has been carried out on an honorary basis, however funding support from The Football Association led to the Association becoming administered by a full time secretariat in 1996.

On 24 August 1999 the Association became a limited company, again at the behest of The Football Association. Since then The FA has taken a far greater interest in County Associations, working in partnership to provide increased sums of money to support new initiatives and staffing.

Since becoming a limited company, the structure of the Association has changed significantly. The Council oversees the implementation of policy through its committee structure in ‘football’ matters, including in the areas of Competitions, Discipline and Referees. The Board of Directors has responsibility for Financial and Commercial matters, whilst the staff at County Headquarters is responsible for implementing the decisions made by the two groups.

The Association acquired the leasehold of a purpose built football facility in Bowthorpe, Norwich in 2009 - the site becoming known at the Norfolk County FA Football Development Centre, or 'the FDC'. The Centre is a hub of both regulated and recreational activity for the football community of Norwich and Norfolk.

The work of the County Football Association is underpinned by an army of volunteers involved within our member leagues and clubs. Without their contribution, it would be impossible to organise and run football on the scale it is enjoyed in Norfolk today.

FWEP 2015-16

Until we have your approval, we must limit some functionality - More details