The Appointments Process
Match official appointments for Norfolk affiliated adult leagues, County Cups, Norwich City Academy fixtures, FA Womens’ Premier League, Representative matches and a selection of other fixtures will be undertaken centrally by Norfolk FA’s Referee Appointments Officer (RAO), Daryl Godbold, with the exception of the referee and assistant referee appointments for the Supply League Pool.
Notification of Appointments
- Wherever possible appointments will be made 2 weeks in advance of a fixture
- Referees with a valid email address will receive an automated email from Full-Time once assigned to a fixture containing details of their appointment
- Those Referees without access to email will receive their appointments by text or telephone
- Referees who are notified of their appointments by email will receive an email from 'email@example.com' containing the details of the game they have been appointed to,
- Even though the email address says “do not reply”, Referees must 'FORWARD' the email to 'Appointments@NorfolkFA.com' as soon as possible (normal expectation would be within 72 hours of receipt of an appointment) with either “confirmed” or “declined” as appropriate
- Those Referees without access to email must confirm their appointments either by text or if by letter within 3 days of the post mark date
- Failure to respond as required may result in a Referee being removed from their appointment
- Wherever possible Referees are to notify the RAO of any ‘closed dates’ a month in advance by email or other recordable means. Please note this must include Supply League Pool appointments and any national FA appointments
- Any ‘closed dates’ that cannot be communicated a month in advance must be notified to the RAO as soon as they are known by recordable means
- Level 4 Referees are to close their dates as soon as they have received their National FA appointments or send a 'print screen' of their MOAS calendar via email. Any subsequent National FA appointments should be notified by email
- Please remember that closed dates must include midweek and not just be restricted to Saturdays and Sundays
- All dates will be considered to be open unless otherwise closed where a Referee has indicated their availability on that particular day. For example, if you have indicated you are available Wednesday evenings, then all Wednesday evenings will be considered open unless you advise otherwise
Whenever you have to withdraw from a previously confirmed appointment within 48 hours of the scheduled kick off time please ensure you follow the below procedure:
- Call or text the RAO on 07554 422301 as soon as possible. If you are aware that an assessor is planning to attend, also state this
- On calling if you receive no answer from the RAO please leave a clear voice message, stating your name, the exact details of the appointment you are calling off, and the reason for doing so. If you are aware that an assessor is planning to attend, also state this
- The RAO will acknowledge your call off with either a text or return call ASAP
Whenever you have to withdraw from a previously confirmed appointment more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled kick off time, please ensure you follow the below procedure:
- Email the RAO at 'Appointments@NorfolkFA.com'
- If you are unable to email, please call or text the Referee Appointments Officer (RAO) on 07554 422301 or 01603 704050 (options 1, 1 & then 3) as soon as possible stating the exact details of the appointment you are calling off and the reason for doing so
- If you are aware that an assessor is planning to attend, also state this
- If calling and you receive no answer from the RAO please leave a clear voice message
The RAO will acknowledge your call off with either a text or call ASAP.
RAO Working Hours and Contact Details
During the season (mid August to mid May)
|Tuesday||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||1pm to 8.30pm|
|Thursday||9am to 3pm|
|Friday||9am to 5pm|
|Saturday||8.30am to 5pm|
|Sunday||8.30am to 10am|
Out of season (mid May to mid August)
|Monday to Friday||9am to 5pm|
|Office number||01603 704050 (options 1, 1 and then 3)|
The RAO can be contacted on his mobile outside of the official hours published above, but please note that this should be in emergencies only. All other calls should only be made during the hours above.
For further information on the appointments process, please email our RAO Daryl Godbold at Daryl.Godbold@NorfolkFA.com or call 01603 704050.
Contact details for all of the leagues sanctioned by Norfolk FA are available here