Who should apply?
Anyone aged 14 and over, wanting to become a referee involved in the 11-a-side game both in Youth and Adult football.
What will I learn?
The Laws of the Game and practical advice for refereeing a game of football, delivered via theory sessions, match incidents on DVD and multiple choice questions. The FA Safeguarding Children in Football course will also be arranged as part of the course.
How long will it take?
The course is run over 5 Modules. Modules 1-3 will be delivered during the 2 full course days and one evening workshop, Module 4 is the completion of 6 matches as a trainee referee (it is envisaged that you will be mentored during at least one of these by a referee coach) and Module 5 is an in-service training evening.
How much does it cost?The cost of the course for all age groups is £150* which includes the following:
- Copy of latest FIFA Laws of the Game
- Interactive 'Laws of the Game' DVD
- Pre-course study pack
- Referee Portfolio folder
- All course materials
- Qualified FA Referee Tutors during the course
- 'Respect' training
- Safeguarding Children Workshop (or on-line course for 14-16 year olds)
- FA registration fee for one season (normally £20)
- Full Nike Norfolk FA Referee kit - Sizes S,M,L, XL, XXL
- Referee whistle
- Lanyard for whistle
- Red/yellow cards & holder
- Match record cards
- Assistant Referee flags
- The FA Three Lions badge (on completion of course)
- A list of local Referees' Association contacts
- A list of League contacts
- Certificate of qualification
- Associate membership of the Referee/FA (RAFA) Association
- Service of the Referees’ Department of Norfolk County FA
- Services of a Referee Coach or Mentor
- Membership of the Young Referee Group (14-15 year olds)
- Enrolment in the Referees’ Incentive programme (for Adult football)