A brief history of the Norfolk Veterans Cup...
What is the Norfolk Veterans Cup?
Veterans football has gone from strength to strength and as a result of this, Norfolk FA introduced the Norfolk Veterans Cup which was first competed for in the 2009-10 season. This makes it the second newest County Cup competition with only the Norfolk Women’s Cup being newer.
Who has won the Norfolk Veterans Cup?
The first three seasons of the Norfolk Veterans Cup saw Norwich Trafford dominate, beating The Griffin, Sprowston Wanderers and The Griffin again in 2011-12. The following season saw a new name on the trophy, that of Quebec Veterans who beat Long Stratton in their first season as a Veterans' Club. Lynn North End, Horsford United and Cringleford Veterans have all won the trophy since.
- 2017-18: Horsford 1-4 Cringleford Veterans
- 2016-17: Cringleford Veterans 3-1 Thetford Town
- 2015-16: Horsford United 2-1 Quebec Vets
- 2014-15: Lynn North End 1-1 (4-3 on pens) Quebec Vets
- 2013-14: Lynn North End 6-0 Scole United