A brief history of the Sunday Junior Cup...
What is the Sunday Junior Cup?
The Sunday Junior Cup is the newest of the two Sunday morning competitions having first been competed for in 1974-75, when Anchor Reserves became the first name to be engraved on the original trophy thanks to a 3-0 win over Holt Youth Club OB.
As the most junior of the Sunday competitions, the winners are often promoted to a more senior division without having the chance to defend their trophy.
Who has won the Sunday Junior Cup?
The Sunday Junior Cup has been won by 38 different teams in 42 years, including Anchor Reserves, Norwich Brewery, East Tuddenham, Marriott Hotspurs, Windmill and North Walsham U19's.
More recently, here are some results from other Sunday Junior Cup Finals:
- 2016-17: Drayton Dazzlers 4-1 Rockland United U19's
- 2015-16: SNS 4-0 North Walsham Town U19's
- 2014-15: Labas 2-0 Harleston Town U19's
- 2013-14: GY Galaxy 4-1 Mischief
- 2012-13: F.A.N.G. 2-1 Belton (aet)