Norwich United Vs Dereham Town

Norwich United 4-0 Dereham Town

Hat-trick Hero Hipperson sends Planters to Carrow Road in Norfolk Senior Cup


Norwich United vs Dereham Town – Senior Cup Semi-final                    
FDC Field of Dreams 07.03.18 KO 7:30pm
Final Score: Norwich United 4 – 0 Dereham Town

Adam Hipperson was the hat-trick hero for Norwich United on Wednesday night as they booked their place in the Norfolk Senior Cup Final with a 4-0 victory at the expense of Dereham Town.

A goal from Hipperson and the lead for the Planters on 25 minutes was deserved and despite an improved start to the second half from the Magpies, they failed to capitalise on any spells of play with real quality.

A late second half brace from Hipperson saw Norwich United take control of the game and an own goal deep into stoppage time completed the late capitulation of Dereham Town.

Norwich United showed more impetus going forward in the early stages and the Planters saw their early pressure rewarded when they opened the scoring on 25 minutes thanks to an Adam Hipperson finish. The pacey wideman showed great determination and skill to beat his marker and cut in from the left before drilling the ball home into the bottom right corner.

Dereham looked void of ideas as the half continued with Norwich United’s organised back line content with keeping the Magpies’ play in front of them. Despite this, Town were handed a golden opportunity when United failed to clear their lines on 37 minutes and the ball fell to Rhys Logan just inside the box. The number 7 connected with a fierce shot however Andrew Wilton in the Norwich goal dropped down impeccably, using a strong right hand to push the ball away from danger.

Moments later United had a chance to double their lead after another mazy run from Hipperson opened up the Magpies’ back line, allowing him to play a pinpoint through ball for Nathan Stewart to run on to. The youngster fired a dangerous ball across the box however Liam Jackson was unable to capitalise, sending his shot high over the bar.

Half time – Norwich United 1 - 0 Dereham Town

Dereham showed more energy in the second half and the game began to open up more, however much like the opening stages of the game, both teams were guilty of failing to create clear cut chances.

As the game approached the midway point of the second half Town went up another gear and produced some good opportunities in and around the area, forcing saves from Wilton on multiple occasions.

The Magpies almost had the equaliser they had been searching for as the game entered the final ten minutes; however a good passing play wasn’t met with the finish it deserved, leaving Town rueing yet another golden opportunity to get on the score sheet.

In the same moment it was Norwich United who took the initiative and seized the opportunity to catch Dereham on the break. An incisive counter attack saw Hipperson through on goal again and the United talisman calmly rounded Elliot Pride in the Dereham goal before slotting home to make it 2-0.

The Planters, now firmly in control, began to see the game out however Hipperson had other ideas with a wonderful finish in added time to complete his hat-trick.

Deep into stoppage time Dereham’s night went from bad to worse when an own goal gave Norwich United an emphatic 4-0 victory to send them to Carrow Road where they will face either Downham Town or Wymondham Town in the Norfolk Senior Cup Final on Monday 30 April.

Final Score: Norwich United 4 – 0 Dereham Town

Line ups:

Norwich United: Andrew Wilton, Sam Applegate, Kierron Rose, Shaun Wones, Andrew Eastaugh ©, Sam Watts, Ben Jones, Henry Pollock, Liam Jackson, Nathan Stewart & Adam Hipperson.
Subs: Angus Mackie (Jackson, 89), Adam Probert, Tim Henery (Stewart, 78), Billy Johnson.

Dereham Town: Elliot Pride, Yannick Bitsindou, Jake Anema, Robbie Linford, Oliver Ebbage, Matthew Castellan, Rhys Logan, David Hinton ©, Ryan Crisp, Sam Borrer & Daniel Beaumont.
Subs: Harry Exley, Ashley Jarvis (Linford, 56), Karol Wengrizk (Bitsindou, 74).

Referee: Paul Burnham
Assistants: David Lewiss and Paul Stearman
Fourth Official: Peter Venables
Attendance: 166
Player of the Match: Adam Hipperson