Norfolk County FA today released the dates of their annual County Cup Finals including those played at the home of Norwich City.
The big news is that the Norfolk Senior Cup final will be played at Carrow Road on Monday 23 March making it the second in the programme of County Cup Finals. This is during the next international break meaning that it will be a great opportunity to support grassroots football at Norfolk’s most prestigious football venue.
The other Finals held at Carrow Road will take place in May, all with kick off times of 7:45pm making for some great finals being played under the lights. The Norfolk Junior Cup and Norfolk Women’s Cup are to be played on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th respectively with the Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup being played the following Monday.
Norfolk County FA Chairman, Michael Banham said: “We’re really excited about this year’s calendar of County Cup finals and hope everyone will get on board in supporting grassroots football through to the end of the season.”
“For us to be hosting four finals at Carrow Road once again isn’t something we should take for granted and we are extremely grateful to Norwich City Football Club for providing Norfolk Football with this fantastic opportunity.”
“With the Senior Cup being played so early on in our calendar of Finals and also during the international break, we hope this presents a real opportunity for us to get a bumper crowd at Carrow Road!”
Head of Commercial Development at Norwich City, Ben Tunnell said: “We’re delighted to again be hosting the Norfolk County FA’s County Cup finals at Carrow Road. We are fortunate and proud that we can afford local grass roots football Clubs the opportunity to compete at a Premier League stadium, we know how important the competitions are to both the clubs and players. We’ll be keeping a close eye on how the competitions progress and wish all those involved the best of luck in reaching Carrow Road.”
The other six County Cup finals will be hosted on the ‘Field of Dreams’ at the FDC and will see the return of the popular ‘Friday Night Finals’ – kicking off at 7.30pm on Friday evenings from the end of March to the start of May.
The full programme of the 19/20 County Cup Finals is as follows:
- Wensum Print Sunday Junior Cup Final - Friday 20 March, 7.30pm (the FDC)
- Senior Cup Final – Monday 23 March 7.45pm (Carrow Road)
- Primary Cup Final - Friday 27 March, 7.30pm (the FDC)
- Veterans Cup Final in Association with Christiaan Partridge Photography - Friday 3 April, 7.30pm (the FDC)
- John Savage Cup Final - Friday 24 April, 7.30pm (the FDC)
- Stuart Dracup Cup Final, sponsored by Soccer@Sea - Friday 1 May, 7.30pm (the FDC)
- Junior Cup Final – Tuesday 12 May, 7.45pm (Carrow Road)
- Women’s Cup Final – Wednesday 13 May, 7:45pm (Carrow Road)
- U12s County Cup Final – Friday 15 May, 7:30pm (the FDC)
- Sunday Senior Cup Final - Monday 18 May, 7:45pm (Carrow Road)
As always, the Carrow Road dates may be subject to change.
For any local businesses wishing to support any of the finals that currently don't have sponsors to gain some fantastic exposure, please get in touch with our Marketing Team based at the County Headquarters or email Marketing@NorfolkFA.com.
To review progress of the competitions so far, visit our cup pages and for further information please email CountyCups@NorfolkFA.com.