Norfolk FA Grassroots Disability Starter Packs
What is the Norfolk FA Grassroots Disability Starter Pack?
The Disability Starter Pack is aimed at providing support to clubs who would like to establish a provision of disability football. These grants can be used towards things such as facility hire, kit, balls or specialist equipment for disability football. The provision of football established as a result of the starter pack, is primarily aimed at supporting a turn up and play style taster session. The idea being that the pack provides an opportunity for clubs to instigate initial interest from disability players with the potential to develop this into a disability team in the future.
What are the conditions of applying for the funding?
- Applications will be prioritised for teams that have not recently received or are applying to receive Grow The Game funding or other financial support
- A grant of £450 per club will be provided
- School, college or Community foundations are not eligible to apply
- Priority will be given, but not exclusive to, Charter Standard Clubs
- Applications will need to provide a specific list of what the starter park will fund e.g. facility hire or 10 x match balls and a set of bibs
- Applications will be prioritised on the quality of the application
- You must aim to deliver a minimum of 6 weeks of taster sessions
What will you receive in addition to the funding?
- Successful applications will also have access to a one-off coach mentor session by an FA licensed coach mentor
- Support from Norfolk County FA in linking up with relevant organisations in your area to attract players
Interested in applying?
If you are interesting in applying for a Grassroots Disability Starter Pack then please email, Senior Football Development Officer (Inclusion), Rachel Cossey via Rachel.Cossey@NorfolkFA.com for more information and details of how to apply.