Opportunity to Join the Board at Norfolk County FA
Following on from the recently held EGM where revised Articles of Association were unanimously approved, the opportunity to join the Board at Norfolk County Football Association is now available, with six appointed Director Positions within the revised leadership structure.
The positions are voluntary, for which travel expenses will be provided to attend meetings and relevant events.
The positions will start in July and will be for a 3 year term through to June 2022 with the existing Board of Directors continuing in post until the AGM & Council Meeting taking place on 1 July 2019.
The Board of Directors of the Norfolk County
Football Association (NCFA) directs and monitors the business affairs of the
Association. In doing so, the Directors determine the vision, strategy, plans,
policies and financial investment required to achieve the overall long-term
The Director role requires a commitment to monthly Board meetings which predominately take place at 6.30pm on Monday evenings at the County Headquarters along with being part of Norfolk County FA’s Council.
NCFA has an aspiration for the appointed Board of Directors to cover across the following areas of expertise:
- Marketing / PR
- Experience of company management
- Youth Football & Safeguarding
- Adult Football
The principle accountabilities are summarised below:
- To serve as a Director of the Company and to actively participate in its strategic management
- To execute the responsibilities of a Company Director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation
- To safeguard the assets of the business along with the interests of the Membership and stakeholders of the Association
- Ongoing involvement in the planning and delivery of the Norfolk County FA Strategy & Business Plan, #NorfolkFootball ForALL
- To act as the Board ‘Champion’ in an area of expertise and effectively mentor, guide and advise the staff lead on related matters
- To ensure the effective implementation of Board decisions by the Chief Executive and the staff, providing a supportive role in helping achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the business
- To jointly oversee the management of risk to the Association
- To develop and maintain an effective corporate governance structure
- To monitor the financial affairs of the Association and ensure the effective use of NCFA finances
- To promote equality of opportunity and a football for all ethos in a safe sporting environment
- To represent the Association to partners and stakeholders of the Association in a professional manner
- To act with discretion in respect of sensitive, confidential or commercial information provided to you in this role
The closing date for
applications is 4pm Friday 29 March 2019.
Please see the documents below that are a Role Profile for the position of Non-Executive Director and an application form.
Norfolk County FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sectors of the local community.