NORFOLK U18’S FACE ESSEX IN FA COUNTY YOUTH CUP SEMI-FINALS
Norfolk County FA continue their run in The FA County Youth Cup on Friday 7 February with kick off at 7:30pm.
They play their first home game in the competition at theFDC against Essex FA’s Under 18 Representative Squad.
Norfolk U18’s will be looking to reach the Final of The FA County Youth Cup for the third consecutive year by overcoming Essex. Norfolk reached the Semi-Finals of this season’s competition by defeating West Riding in the previous round thanks to two late goals from Tom Pipe and Jorge Pascoal. A full match report for the victory against West Riding can be found here. Norfolk set up the Quarter-Final encounter after beating Northumberland with Aaron Rich scoring a hat-trick, a match report can be found here.
Essex have reached the Semi-Finals by receiving a bye in the First Round, beating Kent FA 4-1 in the Second Round and then winning at home 3-1 against the Isle Of Man in the Quarter-Final. The last time Norfolk faced Essex was in 2017 in the East Anglian Counties League, Norfolk triumphed that day winning by four goals to one and lifted the East Anglian Counties League Trophy that night.
Gavin Lemmon, Norfolk FA U18’s Manager, said: “This is a game that myself, the Management Team and all the Players are looking forward to and one we want to embrace. Once again, we will be asking the squad to play with confidence and to trust in their abilities. We have reached this stage in the competition with not just quality alone but hard-work as well, showing how determined the players are to succeed.
“With the game taking place on a Friday evening, it provides the Norfolk football community the opportunity to see the fantastic talent this County is producing. I’d love to see a big crowd in attendance that further encourages the Players to reach our third Final in consecutive Seasons, which would be a remarkable achievement.”
The game kicks off at 7:30pm at theFDC, Bowthorpe on Friday 7 February. Gates open at 6:30pm and entry is £3 for adults and £1 for concessions. If you are unable to make this Semi-Final tie, you can follow the game live on our Twitter feed; @norfolkcountyfa.
The Squad Representing Norfolk will be as follows:
- Tom Baird – Mulbarton Wanderers / Mattishall / DESA / Dereham U18s
- Joe Bennett – Buxton / North Walsham U18’s
- Spencer Cawcutt – Harleston Town / Great Yarmouth Town
- Charlie Dickerson – Dereham Town / DESA
- Fletcher Dyson – Aylsham
- Max Lane – Diss Town / CSF Shadow Squad
- Reuben Lane – Norwich United
- Jorge Pascoal – Mattishall / Easton & Otley College
- Evan Perry – Wroxham
- Brady Philpott – Great Yarmouth Town
- Tom Pipe – Wroxham / CSF Shadow Squad
- Aaron Rich – Thetford Town / Mattishall / DESA / Dereham Town U18’s
- Ollie Roberts – Great Yarmouth Town / Norwich United / CSF Shadow Squad
- Lagshan Sivakumar – Dereham Town / Mulbarton Wanderers
- Ethan Warne – Dereham Town / Mattishall
- Ollie Whittaker – Diss Town / CSF Shadow Squad
Norfolk FA would like to thank Chaplin Farrant for being the Official Squad Sponsor of the Norfolk Under 18 Representative Squad.