Statement: 20/21 County Cups Update
STATEMENT: 20/21 COUNTY CUPS UPDATE
Statement from Norfolk FA regarding the 20/21 County Cup Competitions
At present we are still awaiting the updated guidance from The FA / DCMS regarding the restart of football, however we are hopeful that grassroots football will be permitted from Monday 29th March and so it remains our intention to complete all 10 of our County Cup competitions this season.
As such, please find below, the following documents related to the proposed restart of the 2020-21 Norfolk FA County Cup Competitions:
- A document providing details on the rule changes that will apply to all County Cup matches played after 31st March 2021. Text
crossed outhas been removed from the existing rules and text in red has been added. Also provided for each rule is the rationale as to why the rule has been updated.
- A PDF copy of the draw for the next round of each County Cup Competition. These draws are the same are those that were made prior to the most recent lockdown and as such opponents will not have changed.
The Norfolk FA County Cup Guide has also been updated, which contains further helpful information regarding the proposed restart, including:
- A summary of the key rule changes for this season, including the recent changes
- An updated copy of the full County Cup Rules
- A comprehensive set of Frequently Asked Questions, including questions specifically related to the proposed restart
- The proposed dates of the remaining County Cup fixtures
Unfortunately, we have been advised by Norwich City FC that it will not be possible to host any Cup Finals at Carrow Road this season and therefore all of the 20/21 Finals will be played at The FDC. In addition, the semi-finals of the Ashtons Legal Senior Cup will not be held at The FDC, but at the ground of the home team in each fixture.
We are pleased to be able to announce that for each Cup Final this season, the gate receipts will be split equally between the two competing teams.
Football Services Manager, Matt Carpenter said: “Completing our County Cup competitions in the very tight timescales we are having to work to will be a real challenge for everyone involved, but with the support and co-operation of the clubs within our County, we are very hopeful that come the end of the season we will have been able to crown ten new County Cup winners.”
Club secretaries will have received correspondence providing additional information on next steps for clubs, however any further questions should be directed to CountyCups@NorfolkFA.com.