Benefits of Small Sided Games
Venue: theFDC (NR5 9ED)
Date: Tuesday 23 November
Host(s): Amanda Greenslade, Jo Williams & Harry Diggens
Overview of the event
Join the Grassroots Coach Development team for a session where they will bring to life examples of small sided games and how they can be used to benefit the development of your players holistically. They will share a range of in and out of possession small sided games designed to help develop more skilful players.
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
- Why should I do small sided games in my sessions?
- How do small sided games link to the FA 4 Corner Model?
- How small sided games can help further develop our players?
What can coaches expect to take away?
- Some example practices that they could use to support them with this topic.
- An understanding of the benefits of small sided games to aid progress and the development of skilful players.
- An insight into utilising constraints/practice considerations* within small sided games to support players skill progression.