Why our Players Play
Date & Time: Sunday 26th September (18:00-21:00)
Venue: theFDC, Clover Hill Road, Bowthorpe, NR5 9ED
Host(s): Harry Diggens (Football Development Officer Coaching) & Amanda Greenslade (FA Regional Coach Development Officer)
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
1) What games and practices can I provide that give players the joy of scoring and stopping goals?
2) How can I help players to learn and understand more about the game?
3) How might I use football as a vehicle for developing social skills?
What can coaches expect to take away?
1) Strategies to understand why our players play.
2) Example games that could be used to help players love football.
3) Reflected on their coaching behaviours and the impact on player motivation.
Are there any tasks to complete ahead of the event?
1) Watch the introductory video for the workshop.
2) Find out the top 3 reasons why your players play and love football.
Overview of the event
We hope this workshop will support you to reflect on the reasons your players love playing football, the impact your behaviours as a coach can have on their enjoyment and provided some practical ideas for you to try out in training.
If you have two teams, a goal at both ends of the pitch and a way to win the game or practice you’re well on the way to helping players fall in love and stay in love with football.
Sign up here